Philippines was colony of Spain for more than 300 years and then became colony of USA for 50 years during the Industrial revolution. During this time, USA designed Philippines education system similar to their system. The medical course in Philippines is called the MD (Doctor of medicine) similar to that of USA. Philippines medical education offers M.D as it primary medical course for practitioners. This MD Program is recognized by Medical Council of India as equivalent to MBBS degree in India. After completing the MBBS degree in Philippines, Indian students need to clear Foreign Medical Graduate Exam (FMGE) (also called as Medical screening test) in order to start medical practice in India.
- The student must be above the age of 17 years and below the age of 25 years on 31st December of the year of admission to the MBBS course.
- Students must have valid NEET Scorecard. Only NEET Qualified students can go to study from abraod.
- Undergraduate course for Indian Students: As per the part III, Section 4 of the Gazette of India, extraordinary issue dated 18.02.2002, an Indian citizen eager of joining an undergraduate medical course in any foreign medical institution on or after 15th March 2002 should have Eligibility Certificate issued by Medical Council of India, New Delhi. India. To get the Eligibility certificate a candidate must pass 10+2 or equivalent class (biology, physics, and chemistry with minimum 50% marks) from a recognized college.
- Post-graduate course: Graduation in Medical and one-year internship from recognized college/university/institution by the Government of the concerned country.
- For other students: as per the rules of the concerned country.